Life Updates before OFFICIALLY becoming an adult (yikes)

6:34:00 PM

My first and last post on this blog as a 17 year old!!!
I am turning 18 next Tuesday and am having a mixture of excitement and nervousness towards the future.
I am blessed enough to have a roof over my head and food in my table, however it sucks knowing I am not the one paying for these luxuries if you may!
I will make this post about different topics in my life; topics that have been on my mind this past year.


1.College

Yay! College!!...um, okay not really.
If there is one thing I like about college it definitely is the fact that it somehow forces me to organize and manage my time better. I have made some progress during the last couple of months in time management and could not be prouder of myself for that. However, I do realize I have a long way to go.
I have 9 more exams to go until June, and I am hoping for the best.
                       Picture taken in one of the departments at the Faculty of Philology in Prishtine

2. Projects and Extra-Curricular Activities


Here's where things get tricky. When I try to balance my college life and extra-curricular activities. It takes a lot of energy trying to balance these two. I love planning/organizing different events and activities, but am always wondering if I am getting behind in college because of them. I think I am doing just fine, however the fear is always present.



3. Vulnerability


Wikipedia definition of vulnerability: The quality or state of being exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.Vulnerability is something I have struggled and still struggle with. After all, it is always safer to avoid risky situations, and completely placing trust that people won't take advantage of you after you've opened up with them is hard.But, there's a good part of vulnerability. You learn a lot about yourself and those around you by being vulnerable. You feel freer, in a way.


4. Music and Creativity


I got a lot closer to music, reading and creative writing as a 17 year old. I developed a great feeling of appreciation towards good music. It's crazy how music changes your mood.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE reading!!! I never really knew how much I liked reading until I started reading stuff that I enjoyed. I currently love reading different answers on Quora and some of Shakespeare's plays.
I like writing, but the weird thing about it is that I don't like it ALL of the time. There are periods when I just can't get myself to write something and no matter how hard I try, I do not like what I am writing. Then, there are parts where I just love the process (like now). It's interesting how these "creativity spurs" work.

5. Goals for my 18 year old self




  • invest your time in good relationships
  • create a better work routine
  • keep pushing your limits and getting out of your comfort zone
  • pick up a new skill, and practice enough to get better at it
  • ALWAYS remind yourself that failing does not mean you're a failure just like succeeding doesn't mean you're a big shot. You are a human, who fails and succeeds.
  • spread love
  • pay more attention to yourself, your emotions and aspirations
  • don't be afraid to speak your opinion
  • don't be afraid of thinking too big





Thanks for reading.

xoxo
Malsore

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram Photo Gallery

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

footer social